Reasons Why You Shouldn't Cancel Your Twice-Yearly Dental Cleaning
Although you care for your teeth and gums and maintain good oral health, it’s necessary to have yearly dental exams and twice-yearly cleanings. At Plymouth Dental Group, we look for indications of cavities and periodontal disease at your appointment. If these signs are noted soon, they can typically be taken care of without trouble. However, if more detrimental conditions are left untreated, these could lead to major concerns, like gum recession.
Professional teeth cleanings give our Plymouth, MA hygienists the chance to eliminate buildup and bacteria and clean your enamel to create a lovely smile. Allow us to help you and your loved ones improve your dental health with family oral care. The ADA (American Dental Association) advises children, adolescents, and older patients to have their teeth cleaned professionally no less than two times each year. For people with rescinding or present periodontal disease or who wear metal orthodontics, more frequent cleanings may be recommended.
What to expect during a dental cleaning
At your initial appointment at Plymouth Dental Group, our team will start by assessing your oral structures. From there, our team will take a dental x-ray to detect any complications we might not notice with the naked eye. In the event that we notice any abnormalities, we will create a unique treatment plan for you. Tooth decay is usually taken care of before your teeth cleaning. However, other more extensive therapies could call for a second visit to our Plymouth, MA dental practice. Throughout your dental cleaning, we will eliminate any buildup on the teeth with special dental tools. The moment your teeth and gum tissues are free of buildup, your enamel is polished to remove unsightly discoloration. Our professional hygienists can give advice to our patients regarding the ways to effectively clean their teeth in between dental cleanings.
Why you shouldn't procrastinate your biannual cleaning
At Plymouth Dental Group, we believe that there are many reasons why you shouldn't procrastinate a twice-yearly dental cleaning, such as:
- Preventing tooth decay: Getting your teeth polished every six months lets our team identify tooth decay promptly. If you don't go to a dentist for a prolonged amount of time, this decay will travel throughout the tooth, and we might not be able to save it. This will require a dental restoration.
- Taking care of periodontal disease early: In the event that gum disease is left untreated, it may result in damaged gums, bone deterioration, and loose teeth. If you notice red or bleeding gum tissues, arrange an exam at our Plymouth, MA facility for periodontal disease treatment.
- Keeping your teeth white and clean: Biannual cleanings let your teeth stay as white as possible. During your appointment, we polish your enamel to make it shine brightly.
- Fresh breath: Twice-yearly cleanings keep bad breath at bay since they eliminate bacteria, which might be the main cause of persistent bad breath.
- Receiving an oral cancer screening: During your cleaning, our team will examine your oral structures (including the tongue, mouth, lips, or even lymph nodes) to locate indications of an issue. If diagnosed immediately, oral cancer can be treated effectively.
- Making sure your health is in good shape: Your dental health could affect your overall health. Advanced gum disease can also cause cardiovascular problems. Proper dental care has been proven to reduce your odds of stroke.
- Saving money on oral care: In the event that you take care of dental health problems immediately, these could be treated using quick fixes. However, when you procrastinate on receiving dental care, you will likely need more costly and invasive treatments.
Schedule a dental cleaning to maintain your oral health today
Keep your smile in good shape when you have professional dental cleanings at Plymouth Dental Group. Our family office in Plymouth, MA offers preventive care to address tooth decay and decrease your risk of developing gum disease.